At this point, for all publications, Publishing Genius is particularly interested in something else altogether. What is coherent? Why do we think we understand something while we think something else is nonsense? How can we avoid not knowing what we don't know? How can we make that process fun?The best submissions make us say, "Whoa, how did that get there?" We are less interested in form/content than in effect.
And thanks for considering us with your work.
Interested in using InDesign? This day-long course will walk you through everything you need to know to use the software like a pro. We'll be especially focused on book design, but the skills will apply to a variety of publication types, like literary journals, pamphlets, posters, and so on.
Class size is limited to 10 people.
Date and Schedule
- Tuesday, June 19, 2018
- 9am – 5pm, lunch provided
The event will be held at Roam, in Atlanta's Buckhead neighborhood:
- 3365 Piedmont Rd NE, Suite 1400 (2nd Floor)
Roam Buckhead is at the Buckhead MARTA stop on the Red line. Located just off GA-400 with easy access to I-85, parking is available in the Tower Walk parking deck and costs $15 with Roam validation.
You must have:
- a computer with an active installation of InDesign. The instruction will be hands-on, so you'll need a computer with you. (Desktop computers can be accommodated, if you can transport it safely, but laptops are preferable. By contacting Adobe, you can temporarily transfer your license.)
- excellent basic computer skills (like the ability to open and close programs, refresh a browser, know a few hotkeys, know how to navigate menus)
- once you're accepted into the class, Adam will follow up with you about any questions or specific subjects you want to cover.
This is a "pilot program" for the class (which will eventually cost $300+), so you'll pay only $28 to cover the conference room and lunch. Food will be delivered, you'll place your order at the beginning of the day.