Interested in using InDesign? This day-long course will walk you through everything you need to know to use the software like a pro. We'll be especially focused on book design, but the skills will apply to a variety of publication types, like literary journals, pamphlets, posters, and so on.
Class size is limited to 10 people.
Date and Schedule
- Tuesday, June 19, 2018
- 9am – 5pm, lunch provided
The event will be held at Roam, in Atlanta's Buckhead neighborhood:
- 3365 Piedmont Rd NE, Suite 1400 (2nd Floor)
Roam Buckhead is at the Buckhead MARTA stop on the Red line. Located just off GA-400 with easy access to I-85, parking is available in the Tower Walk parking deck and costs $15 with Roam validation.
You must have:
- a computer with an active installation of InDesign. The instruction will be hands-on, so you'll need a computer with you. (Desktop computers can be accommodated, if you can transport it safely, but laptops are preferable. By contacting Adobe, you can temporarily transfer your license.)
- excellent basic computer skills (like the ability to open and close programs, refresh a browser, know a few hotkeys, know how to navigate menus)
- once you're accepted into the class, Adam will follow up with you about any questions or specific subjects you want to cover.
This is a "pilot program" for the class (which will eventually cost $300+), so you'll pay only $28 to cover the conference room and lunch. Food will be delivered, you'll place your order at the beginning of the day.